The first of three unique wedding shoots, Jessica and Sameer’s Indian fusion wedding elopement inspiration is vivacious. Moreover, the color is quite literally jumping out of the screen. The clashing of patterns, colors and thoughtful traditional elements make this a perfect modern wedding. Read on to the end for the real couples’ love story.
PLANNING + FLORAL + DESIGN Bushel & A Peck Events | SIGNAGE + INVITES Graphic Poetry Invitations | DESSERTS Fairycakes Cupcakery | ATTIRE Made by Anatomy | RENTALS McCarthy Events + Shared Treasures | BEAUTY + NAILS Salon Elizabeth Buffalo | HENNA Loti Henna Studio | PHOTOGRAPHY NSP Studio + Lydia Maybee Photography + Sarah Wintle Photography + Jeff Welt Photography | VIDEO Filmwell Studios | VENUE Marygold Manor
Jessica + Sameers’ Indian Fusion Wedding Elopement Inspiration
Jessica met Sameer at a local coffee shop unexpectedly one night. She is a Buffalo native and he moved to Buffalo from India for higher education. When a band began to set up, the couple exchanged words from adjacent tables. Eventually, they shared a table on the other side of the coffee shop. Consequently, after working beside each other and chatting for a couple hours, Sameer asked Jessica to stay in touch. After 11.5 months of dating, they realized they were meant for each other. So, they eloped in Las Vegas in December 2014. After that, their one year anniversary acted as their Buffalo reception with their closest family and friends. They now live in the suburbs of Buffalo and are ready to start a family of their own.
Family is one of the most important elements of their relationship. Sameer’s family lives back in India, and they skype with them weekly. The couple visits as often as possible and even spent a month abroad in 2018. It was important that they keep the overall wedding modern with nods to Sameer’s culture and traditions. For example, Jessica brought the bold colors of traditional Indian wedding garb into both of her dresses. Furthermore, she wore sentimental pieces of jewelry from Sameer’s family.
Indian Wedding Traditions
Jessica and Sameer had a very non-conventional wedding in real life. So we wanted to include as many traditions in their shoot as possible. Sameer’s mother sent over most of the traditional items, including his wardrobe. Most importantly, the couple shared these beautiful traditions with our vendors in our Indian fusion wedding elopement inspiration shoot.
- Seven Sacred Steps are taken around a small fire. Each turn around the fire represents these seven steps, which mean:
- May this couple be blessed with an abundance of resources and comforts, and be helpful to one another in all ways.
- May this couple be strong and complement one another.
- May this couple be blessed with prosperity and riches on all levels.
- May this couple be eternally happy.
- May this couple be blessed with a happy family life.
- May this couple live in perfect harmony… true to their personal values and their joint promises.
- May this couple always be the best of friend.
- Tossing rice into the fire after each step represents prosperity in their new life.
- Exchanging garlands is a way to welcome each other into their families.
- The groom puts Sindoor into brides hairline to “fill her life with color.”
- Mongol Sutra wedding necklace is a gift to the bride.
- Mehendi/Henna Ceremony is usually held the night before the wedding. It is a way of wishing the bride good health and prosperity as she makes her journey onto marriage.
Indie Wedding Member Shoot Outs
As an organization, we encourage couples to redefine their wedding traditions. Moreover, it’s most important to us to share that mission while representing our diverse community. Indie Weddings offers wedding vendors the opportunity to collaborate with other like-minded wedding pros. We strive to be as authentically inspiring as possible, while uplifting the local talent in our group. Our styled shoot outs are held three times throughout the year and are open to members only. If you’re interested in becoming a member, reach out today! Check out more information about what we offer right here! We can’t wait to hear from you!