- Indie Shoot Outs
- Outdoor Annual Event Wednesday 06.16.21 @ POWERHOUSE BUFFALO 4-9PM
Our events are the BEST way to make the most of your membership this upcoming year. Here is where hundreds of brides and grooms are experiencing all that we have to offer IRL… or… on the screen! Investing in presenting your business to our eager couples in the fun, laid back atmosphere that we create is a sure-fire way to turn heads. Register for our upcoming events here! Read on below for the event details and vendor terms!
Indie Shoot Outs:
CREATE | MINGLE | SHOOT
The Indie Shoot Outs are collaborative, large group styled shoots designed to provide the opportunity for all vendors to create while deepening their connections to those in our member community. They will take place 3 times throughout the year. Indie Weddings will set the theme and create the mood board. These shoots will be:
- Inclusive of all races, genders and cultures
- On the cutting edge for newness and inspiration
We’ll build a deeply connected and fortified local vendor community by showcasing our collective strengths and innovative ideas. My objective with this concept is to honor various cultures and beliefs through a creative, modernized interpretation where we can redefine wedding traditions to inspire our community of engaged couples.
Sunday March 14th, 2021
June-July 2021 TBD
November-December 2021 TBD
Membership levels dictate vendor participation:
Base = 1 Shoot Out
Core = 2 Shoot Outs
Master = 3 Shoot Outs
Vendor Details and Event Terms
Please find all necessary information for our events below. Please be sure to thoroughly read all information. You are liable for understanding this information & ensuring you are properly following all event guidelines. Please let us know right away if you have any questions!
- Events are first come, first served.
- We cap the categories based on the total number of vendors we can fit to ensure everyone has a chance to really shine.
- Vendor Contract & payment are due MAY 1ST 2021 to the event date in order to reserve your spot!
- We need one contract per calendar year for the events you participate in.
- Invoices are sent electronically. Priority is extended to those vendors who pay their booth fees first.
- If we do not have either the payment by the due date, vendor will forfeit their place and the booth space will be given to the next vendor on the wait list.
- Vendor booths are non-refundable, but will be credited toward a future event or other services that Upstate Indie Weddings offers.
- Events are open to members and non-member businesses. Event rates are as follows (* indicates non-member rate)
- Service Provider Booths $550 / *750
- + $450 for double booth space
- Handmade Vendor Booths $350 / *550
- + $250 for double booth space
- Swag bag promo add-on $50 (for members only)
- Digital Ad add-on $50 (for members only)
- Service Provider Booths $550 / *750
Indie Weddings Promotions
All members who participate in the events receive additional promotions before and after the event including:
- Business listing in the event pages of the website
- Business listing in the Facebook event page
- Social media posts:
- Facebook event page
- Instagram Feed + Stories
- Instagram Live interviews add-ons available
- Blog post introducing the vendor line up
- Post-show wrap up blog post
- Event photo album on Facebook
- SPREAD THE WORD! Make sure you share the Facebook event pages below if you’re attending, and get involved! You are allowed to post in the Facebook event pages and tag us like crazy! Let’s make that algorithm work for us by tagging the hell out of each other and the events!
- DOWNLOAD EVENT GRAPHICS HERE
- Social Media Tags:
#partyonbrides #partyongrooms #buffaloindieweddings #rochesterindieweddings #buffalowedding #buffalobrides #rochesterwedding #rochesterbrides
- INVITE YOUR CLIENTS! Information and tickets can be purchased through any of these links:
- WEBSITE: https://upstateindieweddings.com/events/
- FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE:
- TICKET SALES:
- SCHEDULE GIVEAWAYS to excite your guests!
Safety / COVID
Safety will be at the highest priority of this event. Social distancing will be easy in this massive space which can fit over 2,000 people. 3 patio doors will remain open, in addition to the front doors and garage doors for outdoor check-in. We are seeking sponsors to provide sanitizers and masks in each guests swag bags. In compliance with the states limit on gatherings and events, effective as of March 22nd, the following restrictions and guidelines will be enforced:
- Contact tracing through ticket sales and have our own health screening form for vendors to fill out
- Limit to 3 tickets per couple
- 3 – 90 minute shifts with a max of 120 tickets during each session
- Limit to 1 vendor per booth during the show (4-9PM)
- Vendors can bring help to set up/tear down
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors
- Cash bar available and food samples will be provided
- Social distancing enforced
- All vendors are required to offer a raffle item valued at $50 or more for the event.
- Guests will be able to enter the giveaways digitally in your “booth” page.
- Winners will be selected and announced by BIW/RIW live on 09.20.20
- You will be notified of the winner that day and provided with the information to contact and send them their prize.
Advertise that your business is a part of the show & invite prospects! Before the bridal show, email your client and vendor contacts to let them know that you will be on display. Invite potential clients and consider telling them that you will have a special gift waiting for them at your booth.
Bring helpers to lend a hand setting up and tearing down! This event is extremely tight on space, being that we can only have 200 people in the space at one time. This means you won’t be able to have an assistant at your booth with you, unfortunately. We are prioritizing the bride and groom guest count.
After the show, email or call all interested guests! You will receive a list of all attendees which you can do a mass mailing to, but it is especially important to follow-up with the guests that expressed interest in your business and visited your booth. Also be sure to follow-up with the other vendors you connected with! Reach out to within 1-5 business days after the event; the sooner, the better because you will still be fresh in their minds.
- Do not, under any circumstances, share this leads list with anyone else!
- Please be mindful of the guests privacy and refrain from inundating them with emails and offers. This also includes your mailing lists – it’s better to ask and encourage them to sign up on their own!
- Good ideas
- Invite them to where else you will be this Engagement season (i.e. other events, happenings around town, performances, etc.) so they can see, sample and experience your offerings again.
- Offer them a special discount, upgrade or giveaway!
- Sharing sneak peeks of new projects or ideas first!
- Use engaging and personalized email subjects when possible.