Cheers to Stag Pack for creating the ultimate Grooms Checklist to prep you for the big day! Take note. Copy and paste this bad boy right in your phone notes, or import these benchmarks into your calendar and impress your fiance. This grooms checklist is sure to win you some bonus points!
This isn’t the extent to how Stag Pack can help you prepare for walking down the aisle! Stag Pack saves you time and energy with their wide variety of curated gift boxes and sets for your guests, groomsmen or even party prizes and favors! Check out all of their packages on their website, and see some of our favorites below! They’ve really taken all of the stress out of gifting for your special occasion. Pro Tip: Take a little help where you can get it!
Side note – Stag Pack can also hook up your company or fundraising event with one-of-a-kind gift boxes that are sure to impress!
The Ultimate Simple Grooms Checklist
12 months before:
• Discuss budget with your partner and all parents
• Figure out where you’re going to have your ceremony and reception and pick out a wedding date
• Choose your Best Man, Groomsmen and Ushers
• Get engagement photos taken
• Create a wedding website for your guests to find out details about the ceremony, reception etc.
• Make your guest list
• Confirm addresses and mail out your Save the Dates
• Book all the talent (music, marriage officiant, photographer, etc)
• Choose your wedding colors to use as your color palate
• Book the honeymoon
• Arrange transportation to and from ceremony (limo, town car, bus. etc.)
• Plan rehearsal dinner
• Create a wedding website and arrange a gift registry
• Choose your menu and dessert and schedule tastings
• Select a venue for your rehearsal dinner
• Reserve a block of hotel rooms for your out-of-town guests
• Send out guest invitations
• Decide if you are buying/buy groomsmen outfits and purchase them
• Measure fingers and order wedding rings
• Decide who will be doing a reading and what it will be (poem, scriptures, etc.)
• Create a chart or spreadsheet for your seating arrangements
• Finalize menu for reception (cocktails, appetizers, dinner, dessert, late night)
6 to 8 weeks before:
• Buy your bride and groomsmen wedding gifts
• Pick up your wedding rings
• Bachelor party time!
• Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d
• Lay out wedding program and get it printed
• Make welcome baskets for your out of town guests
• Finalize seating arrangements
2 weeks before:
• Get your marriage license
• Give final count to caterer
• Adjust insurance policies, bank accounts, utilities, etc.
• Send your formal wear to a tailor for alterations
• Send playlists to DJ/band
• Break in your wedding shoes!
1 week before – you are so close!:
• Start packing your honeymoon bags and confirm with your accommodations
• Come up with a speech for the reception
• Provide your readers with their scripts and ask them to read over
• Give groomsmen the rehearsal dinner low down and make sure they get their haircut
• Write and practice your vows
• Finalize payments for vendors and bring cash to tip service
• Write an “I love you” note to your bride for her to find on the morning of your wedding day
• Deliver welcome baskets to your guests staying overnight
• Enjoy the rehearsal dinner
• Go to bed at a decent hour!
• Lay out your suit and make sure it isn’t wrinkled!
• You have planned so much the past year for your wedding – have fun on your special day!
Day after and beyond:
• Return the tuxedos
• Open your gifts
• Host a brunch for out of town family and guests
• Write thank you cards
• Enjoy being married!